© 2015 Autolac Industries Pty. Ltd.
Protecting your privacy
Autolac Industries Pty Limited as trustee for Autolac Industries Unit Trust
ABN 27 192 108 807 is committed to providing you with the highest levels of customer service. This includes protecting your privacy.
We supply a range of goods and services to individuals and business.
Your personal information
Personal information held by us may include your name, date of birth, current and previous addresses, telephone or mobile phone number, email address, bank account or credit card details, occupation, driver's licence number and PIN, username or password. We also hold details of the services that we supply you (including their status), as well as certain details about your personal interests.
If you choose not to provide certain personal information (e.g. your date of birth), we may not be able to provide you with the services you require, or the level of service on which we pride ourselves.
Occasionally, you may need to provide personal information about other individuals to us (e.g. about your authorised representatives). If so, we rely on you to inform those individuals that you are providing their personal information to us and to advise them that we can be contacted for further information.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
• directly from you, for example, when you provide information by phone, in application forms or other agreements, or when you submit your personal details through our websites (eg. during www.autolac.com.au registration);
• from third parties such as our related companies, credit reporting agencies or your representatives;
• from publicly available sources of information;
• from the organisations identified under 'When we disclose your personal information';
• from our own records of how you use the services that we provide to you;
• when you visit our websites; and
• when legally required to do so.
How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used to:
• verify your identity;
• assist you to order goods and/or services from us;
• provide the goods and services you require;
• administer and manage those goods and services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
• inform you of ways the goods and services provided to you could be improved;
• conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
• research and develop our goods and services;
• gain an understanding of your information and communication needs in order for us to provide you with better or more appropriate goods and services; and
• maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems.
Also, your personal information is collected so that we, and our related bodies, can promote and market services to you (including by way of direct mail, telemarketing,
email, SMS and MMS messages). This is to keep you informed of products, services and
special offers and may continue after you cease acquiring services from us. If you do not
wish us, our related bodies or our dealers to contact you to promote and market
products, services and special offers to you, please call (02) 9725 2228.
When we disclose your personal information
In order to deliver the services you require, we may disclose your personal information to
outside organisations. Your personal information is disclosed to these organisations only
in relation to us providing goods and services to you.
These organisations may carry out our:
• customer enquiries;
• mailing operations;
• billing and debt-recovery functions;
• information technology services;
• installation, maintenance and repair services;
• marketing, telemarketing and door-knocking services;
• market research; and
• website usage analysis.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality
and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information to:
• your authorised representatives or your legal advisers (e.g. when requested by you
to do so);
• credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies;
• credit providers (for credit related purposes such as credit-worthiness, credit rating,
credit provision and financing);
• our related businesses or companies;
• our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers; and
• government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or
authorised by law.
Help us to ensure we hold accurate information
We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect,
use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information
you provide. That's why we recommend that you:
• let us know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
• keep us up-to-date with changes to your personal information such as your name
or address. If you are a subscriber to one of our online products or services, you
may change your personal details by using the relevant facility on our websites.
You can access your personal information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed
by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your
request in writing for security reasons.
We reserve the right to charge a fee for searching for and providing access to your
Autolac provides products and services via its website (www.autolac.com.au). Autolac’s
Website web server records anonymous information about each visit, such as the time,
date and URL of a request. This information assists Autolac to improve the structure of its
website and monitor its performance. Autolac may use 'cookies' on its website. Cookies are an industry standard and most major websites use them. A cookie is a small text file that the Autolac website may place on your computer. Usually, cookies are used as a means for Autolac’s website to remember your preferences. As such, cookies are designed to improve your experience of autolac.com.au. In some cases, cookies may collect and store personal information about you. Autolac extends the same privacy protection to your personal information, whether gathered via cookies or from other sources. You can adjust your internet browser to disable cookies or to warn you when cookies are being used. However, if you disable cookies, you may not be able to access certain areas of our websites or take advantage of the improved website experience that cookies offer. IP Addresses Autolac also collects Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. IP addresses are assigned to computers on the internet to uniquely identify them within the global network. Autolac collects and manages IP addresses as part of the service of providing internet session management and for security purposes. How to contact us
If you have any questions in relation to privacy, please contact us on (02) 9725 2228 between 9.00am and 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. Alternatively, you can send an email to our Privacy Manager at email@example.com.
Privacy Statement – April 2011
© Autolac Industries Pty Limited
as trustee for Autolac Industries Unit Trust ABN 27 192 108 807